Tomorrow I will make my pilgrimage back to my Motherland! Yes I will make the trek from Buffalo to Perrysburg OH, traveling 4 and ½ hours through hills, cities, farmlands and fields. I will sustain myself on Chick Filet in Erie PA and a Starbucks latte at the rest stop right outside of Cleveland as is my tradition. But this time, my friends, I will do it with a chocolate cake as my passenger - I sure hope we both make it there safe!
Going back home to spend a weekend with my best friend Janine is definitely on my list of the top 5 things that are good for my soul. I have pretty much a 2 month maximum that I can go without seeing her before I need a fix. We have been best friends since 5th grade and we know each other inside and out as best girlfriends tend to do. I think any woman can attest that there are few better feelings than quality time spent with your best childhood friend. Usually our weekends are spent talking obnoxiously over everyone else in the room, drinking and drunk hugging and thusly being hung over and eating. Ah what glorious weekends these get-togethers are! Besides the obligatory boozing that will commence there is another reason for my visit. I get to check out Janine and her new husband Ben’s new house that they have recently moved into and have been busting their behinds on. I can’t wait to see it and I am sure it will be beautiful and I will be jealous and want to move in! J For this reason I decided that I would travel with a cake to congratulate them on their new home. It turned out super cute and I am pretty sure it will be the most delicious cake I have ever made. It is a seriously decadent chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse filling decorated in yellow and white butter cream. On the top it says “Congratulations Ben & Janine and I made a key with a bow tied on it out of fondant resting on it. I want to take a picture of it to put on Sweet Jane’s FB page but I don’t want to ruin the surprise so I will have to post the picture after the weekend is up.
I’ve never traveled by myself for hours with a cake so I am really nervous that it is going to make it there in its current condition. At the very least I can rest assure that I will be able to sustain myself on it if I get stuck in a snowstorm! Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment